Comment on page
LendrUSRE (USRE) is the world's first US Real Estate flatcoin/stablecoin!
USRE is pegged to an index tracking the US real estate market and it is created through our decentralized interest-free lending platform. Users can earn rewards by staking their USRE on our platform.
USRE is abbreviated LDRE on the BSC network, it was renamed to USRE to avoid confusion with LNDR.
USRE has a reward token (LNDRr) that collects ALL revenue generated by USRE lending fees.
USRE is a specialized flatcoin with an index-pegged price target. This price target grows in exact accordance with the US real estate market. We use a specialized real estate index provided by an unbiased on-chain oracle. This oracle calculates the US real estate rate of growth based on over 18 million data points from 30+ verified data sources.
LendrUSRE is soft-pegged to the target price point, relying on incentivized user actions (arbitrage opportunities) to keep the token price close to the target price. This means that the exact value of USRE will fluctuate near the target price point.
US House Prices VS US CPI
We created Lendr US Real Estate to give everyone equal access to the US real estate market. Conventional real estate comes with a number of major challenges.
- The US real estate market is one of the largest markets in the world. (Market Cap: $45.43T)
- US real estate is inaccessible to almost every due to high entry costs. Lendr flatcoins can be purchased in any amount.
- Real estate management generally has very high overhead costs. Lendr flatcoins have almost none.
- Real estate is not a liquid market, it can take time and money to sell and buy properly. Lendr flatcoins can be purchased and sold almost instantly.
- Other forms of US real estate have high management costs or fees. Our tokens can be purchased from the market with almost no fees and held indefinitely.
LendrUSRE solves every one of these issues, providing users with a superior asset that they can hold instead of actual real estate. Our tokens can also be used in almost any defi protocol.
LendrUSRE's main features are:
- US real estate pegged flatcoin
- Real estate growth without real estate costs
- Over-collateralized with verifiable on-chain assets
- Decentralized and governance-free
- Redeemable for 1:1 collateral by anyone at any time
- Financial incentives to complete liquidations
No, ownership of the LendrUSRE smart contracts is relinquished making them immutable. The code is also open source allowing anyone to interface directly with the smart contracts if needed.
This makes LendrUSRE censorship and regulation resistant.
Note - At launch, the price target oracle contract ownership will be retained until a redundant system can be deployed. At this time there is only one oracle provider for the inflation index that LendrUSRE uses. Once a redundant fallback is added, this contract will be decentralized as well.
LendrUSRE (USRE) is the inflation-proof flatcoin used to pay out loans on the LendrUSRE protocol/dapp. USRE tokens can be redeemed for the underlying collateral by anyone at any time. Lendr Reward Token (LNDRr) is a secondary token issued by the Lendr Network protocol. It captures the fee revenue that is generated by the LendrUSRE system and incentivizes early adopters. The total LNDRr supply is 100,000,000 tokens.
USRE and LNDRr have no additional transaction fees.
There are one-off fees paid when USRE is borrowed or redeemed.
- For borrowers, there is a borrowing fee on loans as a percentage of the issued amount (in USRE).
- For redeemers, there is a redemption fee on the amount paid to users by the system in the native blockchain tokens.
- Note that redemption is separate from repaying your loan as a borrower, which is free of charge.
These fees are controlled completely autonomously by the smart contract code and do not involve governance from our team or community.
Both fees depend on redemption volumes, i.e. they increase upon every redemption in function of the redeemed amount, and decay over time as long as no redemptions take place. The intent is to throttle large redemptions with higher fees, and to throttle borrowing directly after large redemption volumes. The fee decay over time ensures that the fee for both borrowers and redeemers will “cool down”, while redemptions volumes are low.
The fees cannot become smaller than
0.5%(except in Recovery Mode), which protects the redemption facility from being misused by arbitrageurs front-running the price feed. The borrowing fee is capped at
5%, keeping the system (somewhat) attractive for borrowers even in phases where the monetary is contracting due to redemptions. Other than that, the two fees are identical and are depicted as "Fee" in the following exemplary chart:
There are two different ways to generate revenue using LendrUSRE:
Yes but its a little complicated! Here you go:
Lendr Ecosystem Diagram, (Secondary Token = LNDRr)
As a non-custodial system, all the tokens sent to the protocol will be held and managed algorithmically without the interference of any person or legal entity. That means your funds will only be subject to the rules set forth in the public smart contract code, which is being audited by multiple third-party companies.
There are two scenarios under which you may lose a part of your funds:
- You are a Stability Pool depositor and your deposited USRE is used to repay debt from liquidated borrowers. Since liquidations are triggered any time borrowers’ collateral drops below 110%, you will receive more collateral in return with a very high probability. However, if the native blockchain token decreases in price and you maintain exposure, you may lose value in your total pool deposits.
Please note that USRE isn't perfectly pegged to the price target, and can deviate slightly in both directions under certain market conditions.
Although the system is diligently audited, a hack or a bug that results in losses for the users can never be fully excluded. Our bug bounty program helps ensure greater security but absolute security cannot be guaranteed. Please ensure you understand the system in its entirety before use.